Job Title: Recreational Gymnastics Coach
Start Date: As soon as possible
*Full-time, part-time, and casual positions available*
Schedule: We offer flexible work schedules, with the majority of schedules being evening and weekends, and some daytime may also be available to the right candidate
Salary: we offer competitive wages based on experience and qualifications
About Langley Gymnastics Foundation
Langley Gymnastics Foundation is a non-profit society located in the Langley Events Centre that provides quality gymnastics programs to athletes of all ages and skill levels, from Parent & Tot gymnastics classes to Competitive programs. Our goal is to provide the environment and support structure for every athlete of our club to achieve his or her goals - our motto is "What I Believe, I Can Achieve!"
We’re searching for candidates with friendly and positive attitudes to coach recreational gymnastics. Experience is preferred, but not required!
Competencies and Skills
- Customer service
- Friendly and positive attitude
- Active listening and effective communication
- Professionalism and work ethic
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Coach recreational gymnastics to participants of varying ages and skill levels (from 11 months to 13 years old, beginner to advanced!)
- Maintain a safe, welcoming, and positive learning environment for all participants
- Act as a leader and positive role model to the participants, and generate excitement gymnastics!
- Provide participant-specific feedback and encouragement, and work with the Recreational Head Coach, participants, and parents to address any behavioral and skill development topics
- Light administration such as taking class attendance and filling out report cards at the end of the season
- Experience in working with kids
- Valid Standard First Aid with CPR C may be required
- Valid Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable sector check (once 18 years old)
The following qualifications are preferred, however we will invest in training for the right person!
- Knowledge of the CanGym program
- A minimum of NCCP Artistic and Trampoline Foundations Certified
- Respect in Sport certification
How to apply
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.
Thank you to all who apply, however only selected candidates will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process.